TIGLUTIK is the only formulation of riluzole approved by the FDA for both oral and PEG tube use1. One dose of oral suspension TIGLUTIK 50 mg (10 mL) is bioequivalent to one Rilutek® (riluzole) 50 mg tablet.1-3 Finally, people with ALS have a formulation of riluzole specifically designed to meet their needs, whether they have difficulty swallowing or have a PEG tube. TIGLUTIK can be used throughout all stages of ALS.2
Benefits of TIGLUTIK
Experts in pharmacology formulated TIGLUTIK to flow smoothly using advanced drug suspension technology. Based on the standards developed by the International Dysphagia Diet Standardization Initiative (IDDSI), TIGLUTIK has a mildly thick consistency (IDDSI criteria Level 2),3,4 and it is easy for patients to swallow or administer in a PEG tube.
Are Your Patients Crushing Their Tablets?
A study of 24 standard tablet crushing devices shows that, on average, 5.8% of the medication is lost during the crushing process.5 Eighteen out of the 24 tablet crushing devices evaluated had a statistically significant loss of drug. Patients who crush tablets may not receive the full indicated dose and get the expected benefit of treatment.
- TIGLUTIK® (riluzole) [package insert]. Berwyn, PA: ITF Pharma; March 2020.
- Rilutek (riluzole) [package insert]. Cary, NC: Covis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; July 2016.
- Data on file. ITF Pharma. Berwyn, PA; December 2019.
- International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative. https://iddsi.org/. Accessed July 1, 2020.
- Thong MY, PLoS ONE 13(3): e0193683. https://doi.org/10.1371/ journal.pone.0193683